Friday, April 1, 2011

The Last Conversation.

     "Only a few more days now," remarked The White Man.

     "Yup," repeated The Black Man, "only a few more days now."

     "Have you chosen your last meal yet?" Questioned The White Man.

     "No, I don't get a choice. I'm black so I just get slop."

"I keep having nightmares of the day where I go to the chair."

"What can I do to help me sleep better one last time?" Asked The Black Man.

     "Well just try all the things you were told to do to get to sleep as a little boy," comforted The White Man, "such as: count sheep, start a dream, close your eyes, and relax."

     The Black Man agreed with, "I guess, I just don't want to die a sad mess, I want to look like my life wasn't wasted, and my crimes haven't gone unpaid."

     "You've been here longer than anyone else, you're dying for what you did, and you have given advice to youngsters to stay out of here," stated The White Man, "if you haven't paid for your crimes then I'll be astounded."

Alarms ringing in the background.

     "Well I guess it's time we go back to our cells and pray."

     The White Man agreed with "I'll be praying for you, I hope you'll have a safe trip."

1 comment:

  1. Dialogue needs a bit of proofreading. Revised mark 36/48

    ReplyDelete